No idea how this is going to work but here goes – a random, off the top of my head list of 15 tracks of music to watch and listen to!
- Crazy Horses by The Osmonds because it’s the first song I remember!
2. School’s Out by Alice Cooper which sums up everything I feel every summer despite all the years that have passed since I left it! Rad!
3. I Feel Love by Donna Summer. This still sounds like it comes from another planet.
4. Surrender by Cheap Trick. One of the great bands and I finally got to see them on their European tour in 2011. They were as thrilling as I always knew they’d be!
5. Can’t Stand Losin’ by The Police. How I loved them!
6. I Got You by Split Enz. Love this new wave stuff. As fresh as the day it was minted.
7. Quiet Life by Japan. David Sylvian. Top of the Pops on Thursday nights. Once upon a time this was everything …
8. Party Fears Two by The Associates. Probably my favourite song of the Eighties. Incredible.
9. Take Me With U by Prince is probably my favourite of all of his – and goodness knows there’s a lot to choose from.
10. Welcome to the Boomtown by David and David. A compelling song about a great city.
11. Never Tear Us Apart by INXS. Simply epic.
12. I’m Not Scared by Eighth Wonder/Pet Shop Boys with Patsy Kensit. Just discotastically perfect.
13. Freak Scene by Dinosaur Jr. was a transitional song into another era. Loved them live!
14. Smells Like Teen Spirit by Nirvana. Because for me the music died … You know.
15. And because this is a movie diary I’ve got to put up a score … so it’s Georges Delerue’s theme for Jean Luc Godard’s Le Mepris/Contempt.
Thanks to William for nominating me. I hope the links work … The buck stops here! Goodnight from beneath a very starry sky in the northern hemisphere.